Monday 13 June 2011

Stress management

Psychology plays huge part in winning gliding competitions and stress management is so important. I've been working really hard on managing my stress level using various techniques, and yesterday i put this to the test..

First, an hour before launch i realize i can't find my purse with credit cards, drivers license etc. The i put the wrong task in to the flight computer, then my primary logger fails and i'm having other instrument problems and it's launch time. Time to execute those stress management plans i drew over the winter....

What do you know, this stuff actually work. I won't go into the technique but there really is no point worrying about anything else other than what will make me go faster.

Sometime later, i find my purse, fix the primary logger and all the other little problems sort themselves out....

No comments:

Post a Comment